Are some of the songs a bit corny? Do some of the audience members need to learn better concert etiquette? Do they need a bigger and better venue to hold the event? Yes, yes, and yes. But, in spite of all this, I'm so glad my kids have had the opportunity to participate.
Here are my reasons why:
- I appreciate that the school's administration sees music as an essential part of a good education.
- The programs are carefully put together. Songs are chosen and speaking parts are written to teach the children history and important values.
- The children have the opportunity show off their hard work and perform for an appreciative audience.
- The standing room only performances are just another manifestation of the huge parental support this school has.
- The kids are just so dang cute.
Really? And, I repeat. Really?
I'm just glad these people were overwhelmingly in the minority, but they ticked me off just enough that I would like to offer this.
A big thanks to the many people who made this production possible. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy some clips from "Make a Difference."